Not sure if you’re experiencing a migraine or a headache?
Keep reading to find out more…
Headaches typically cause tight pressure on both sides of the head. Pain can also be felt in the back part of your head or neck. Usually, a headache lasts anywhere between 5 minutes to 4 hours where the pain is moderate, but never severe.
You can manage your Headaches by:
– Eating regular meals
– Drink plenty of water throughout the day
– Keep stress levels down
– Avoid drinking high levels of accessive alcohol
– Maintaining good posture
On the other hand, migraines are not just “severe headaches”. They create a throbbing/pulsing pain that is often stronger on one side than the other. Pain can also be located in the forehead, and behind the eye or ear.
Common symptoms of a migraine are:
– Increased sensitivity to sound, light and smell
– Blurry vision
You can manage your Migraines by:
– Resting up in a dark and quiet room
– Sipping on a small caffeinated drink
– Avoid any sudden dietary changes
– Keeping your stress levels low
– Maintaining a positive sleep schedule
– Taking GP prescribed pain relief medication before the attack hits
Migraines and headaches impact both men and women all around the globe. But knowing the difference between the two could help you to provide faster pain relief when your next one strikes.
If you’re struggling to manage your headaches or migraines, talk to one of our trained professionals as it could be linked to another area. Treatment of your neck can often be of great help. Also posture and jaw issues can commonly play a part.