What Is Scenar Therapy?
Non-invasive, natural therapy using electrical impulses.
Back to Health Physiotherapy Newport is one of the only physio clinics in Australia to use SCENAR Therapy as a frontline treatment technique. All our physios are highly trained SCENAR therapists as well as being expert physiotherapists. This is a highly effective combination of therapies that allows our therapists to provide fast, optimal recovery from injury.
SCENAR therapy allows us to;
- Start treatment at the earliest possible time,
- Start before swelling goes down (no need to wait until we can ‘touch’ your injured body part)
- Start your recovery immediately.
- Speed your recovery by treating more frequently than is usually possible
Our Northern Beaches SCENAR Therapy also allows us to achieve great results for our patients with many conditions that have been unresponsive to other therapies. Many of our patients have come to us and achieved great results after previously seeing little benefit from other treatments. SCENAR is a non-invasive, natural therapy using electrical impulses on the skin combined with biofeedback to stimulate the body to restore normal function.
A SCENAR device is:
- Can be used to help treat any type of pain or physical dysfunction
- Can treat both acute and chronic conditions
- Quality of life and sleep patterns can be improved
- Uses the body’s own healing capabilities
- Encourages the body to self regulate
- Active reflex biofeedback means fullest healing can be achieved
- Is non-specific and can be used regardless of your diagnosis
- No possibility of over-dosing
- Little or no side-effects
- Methods based on 25 years of clinical research
Due to the way SCENAR therapy works it can be used to treat many conditions of the body. It works to help the body heal itself more effectively than the body is able to do unassisted.
Scenar can be used to assist in the treatment of:
- Acute pain – fast relief from acute pain such as back pain, neck pain, headaches, muscular and joint pain
- Chronic pain – back pain, neck pain, headaches, muscular and joint pain
- Musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction
- Sports injuries
- Respiratory conditions
- Gastrointestinal conditions
- Fatigue/low energy conditions. Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Skin conditions/wound healing
How Does Scenar Work?
The SCENAR device works through your skin (transdermal).
It uses computer-modulated, electrical impulses to stimulate your brain (electroneuro-stimulator). The brain responds with it’s own signal which is picked up by the SCENAR device.
The SCENAR device then interprets the brain’s response and modifies its next impulse back to the brain to work at restoring balance to the body (This is called active reflex biofeedback) The brain, in turn, sends a modified response (and so on) until equilibrium is achieved (homeostasis).
During this ‘conversation’, of constantly varying electrical frequencies and waveforms, the brain also instructs the nervous system to generate Neuropeptides (the key biochemicals needed by your body to heal itself – the body’s own pharmacy). This is what the body was designed to do.
After an injury or onset of disease the communication system between the brain and the affected body part can ‘break down’ or ‘get used to’ the signal from that body part. The brain begins to accept the abnormal signal as “Normal”. This is a reason why many conditions become chronic and unresponsive to treatment. SCENAR breaks the body out of this habit and restores correct communication resulting ineffective and more complete healing.
The electrical pulses from the SCENAR device have been specifically designed to contain numerous random features to prevent your body from ‘adapting’ to the stimulation and to help the body continue the healing process to its completion.
Because of its unique, computer controlled biofeedback capabilities and ability to stimulate Neuropeptide generation, the SCENAR achieves excellent healing results.
SCENAR is very different from other electrotherapy instruments such as TENS or Electroacupuncture. Tens units are mainly used to provide pain relief. Electroacupuncture instruments have a broader range of applications, but they lack any bio-feedback capability. Only the SCENAR combines energy measuring functions along with real-time feedback and constant adjustment to deliver just the correct type and amount of energy to the body.
SCENAR produces both;
- Local effects by stimulating the skin, blood and muscle vessels
- General influence by influencing nervous, endocrine and immune systems.
Overall, SCENAR is an effective, non-invasive medical technology, which works by stimulating the body’s inherent self-healing mechanisms, with no undesirable side effects.
Scientific Definition of SCENAR
- SC – Self-Controlled The SCENAR device establishes a biofeedback link with the body when in use, constantly changing the properties of the applied electric impulses, in response to the measured reaction from the body.
- EN – Energo-Neuro The effect of SCENAR is based on electric impulses of a specific shape; patterned after the natural nerve impulses of the human body.
- AR – Adaptive Regulator The SCENAR device not only provides direct therapeutic effect, but also activates the natural defenses of the body.