Way too many of us are taking our feet for granted, until of course, they start hurting.
You don’t have to be a runner to experience sore feet, maybe you are just on your feet all day, or maybe you work in an office and are experiencing swollen feet, whoever you are, whatever you do, when sore feet strike, you realise how much you rely on them.
Here are five simple tips to keep your feet happy!
- Pick the right shoes! Slipping on sandals or thongs in summer is way too easy, and a nice-looking pair of boots aren’t so bad in the winter, right? But before you start wearing them every day, make sure you know what foot type you are, and what shoe is best for you.
- Grab a tennis ball! If you are at work or on the lounge watching TV do five minutes of foot yoga! Roll your feet over a tennis ball, it will both give your feet a nice stretch and help you to loosen the tight muscles.
- Change things up! If you are an office worker, stand up every 30 minutes to stretch, go for a walk around the office or the block then sit back down at your desk, this allows your feet to get the circulation going again. If you are on your feet all day, try to sit down every 30 minutes, grab a water and breathe.
- Soak it up! We all need to be pampered every now and again, sitting down after a hard day or a hard week and soaking your feet will not only relieve aching but it also helps with calluses and dry and flaking feet.
- Get a physio opinion! If you have been suffering from foot pain for a while, it is always best to get an expert’s opinion to help you recover quicker.
If you are suffering from foot pain, come and see us at Back to Health Physiotherapy in Newport so you can keep your feet happy!