Here at Back to Health Physiotherapy in Newport, we see many tradie- related injuries in our patients. Many trade-related careers involve tasks and activities which require repeititve movements, heaving lifting and other manual tasks. Lack of care and understanding of this impact on our bodies, can result in a visit to our clinic. We’ve got a few tips which can help prevent musculoskeletal injuries in your workplace.
- Stretch Often. Keep your body warm, flexible and loose when you’re working with warm ups, stretches and warm downs throughout the day/ night.
- Drink water! We know it, but we don’t always do it. 2-3 Litres a day are recommended.
- Check Your Posture. It can be an easy thing to be lazy and to ignore good posture. However, developing the habit of maintaing good posture through all activities (standing, walking, carry heavy loads etc.) will go a long way in preventing long-term injuries around the body.
- Ergonomic Training. Know the safest ways to handle and use equipment in the workplace early, to avoid bad habits that will create future problems for your body.
- Don’t wait until the pain is unbearable. The longer you wait to seek help, the longer the recovery journey.
Book in with us today for any work-related injuries. We want to help see you get fit and back to health in no time!