If you are experiencing some form of muscle tightness, foam rolling regularly can be a great help in relieving tension and keeping your body performing at it’s best. Foam rolling can help keep you able to exercise regularly, generally feel better, increase your motivation to work out and lower your high risk of injury. Therefore enabling you to improve your performance.
Here we share with you five reasons you should be foam rolling, so you can reduce the risk of injury and continue being a healthy happy active person.
- It is super easy. You don’t need to head to the gym, get a personal trainer or even get changed out of your PJs. We highly recommend using a foam roller directly after a workout, you should always have warm muscles before using a foam roller. Using a foam roller before working out can also be beneficial to help circulate the blood to your muscles.
- It helps with your own self-awareness, allowing you to learn more about your body, knowing where your own pressure points are and where you are more prone to muscle tightness. Knowing this is a great form of injury prevention!
- It increases your flexibility. When your muscles are loosened as a result of foam rolling, you are increasing their elasticity. The more flexible your muscles become, the more power they are able to produce, allowing you to reach new levels of performance.
- Here’s a great one, it helps reduce cellulite! Cellulite is a common condition that causes dimples on the surface of the skin often in the abdomen and lower limb region. By foam rolling, you are improving your circulation and stretching out the connective tissues that cause cellulite.
- Increase blood circulation. Foam rolling is an excellent way to improve circulation through the arteries, veins and capillaries in your body. While you are foam rolling, the blood is pushed through various avenues of the body, promoting good blood circulation, and allowing your blood to receive more oxygen, creating a rejuvenating effect.